Wednesday, June 25, 2014

An All-American Classic: The Little Red Dress + The Perfect Red Lipstick Tutorial

If you ask me, I believe that there are 3 fail-proof dresses even gal should have hang in her closet, a little black one, a little white one, and a little red one.
Layering color this year has been so on trend so I wanted to put together an outfit this week, that's not only festive for the 4th, but also something you can wear anytime and feel classically fashionable and fabulous.
I bought this little dress on sale last fall and I have worn it at least once a month ever since. It has yet to disappoint me, and every time I put it on I feel like I'm wearing a new piece simply because there are about a million and one ways to style a dress as classic as this one.
 
 When I saw this clutch by Mud Pie in a local boutique I had to get it because I just couldn't handle it's nautical cuteness!  
 
I think this timelessly chic beaded statement necklace from Charming Charlie's gives the dress just the right touch for Independence day.
  
 
My little red shoes are from Aldo.
 
There's just something so feminine and powerful about red lipstick and a classic dress; and since all this week on the blog (and basically everyday this summer,) I have been donning red lipstick,  I thought it was time I put together a little tutorial on how to apply this lovely lip color.
The video below begins with a lipstick tutorial and ends with me sharing some of my most coveted red lipsticks shades in my collection.
Before you watch my video, I just want to say one thing...If you think you can not rock red lipstick, I am here to tell you, YOU CAN!
Trust me, there is a beautiful red hue out there for everyone and I know it will look lovely on you this summer.
 
 

These true to tone Red Lipsticks shades are beautiful on all skin tones, so don't be afraid to try the one you fancy the most. All the purchasing info is listed below, just click on the name to go to the link.
 

 
Thanks for Stopping By!
XO. Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment