Friday, June 27, 2014

Short Shorts for Summer + Some Sweet Recipes for the 4th

 
 
It's Friday which means the weekend is here (can I get a big YAY?!) and what better way to kick off your weekend than in some adorable summer shorts. Little shorts like these in all different colors and patterns have be the hot ticket this spring and summer, and are just about in every boutique and department store you can imagine. When I saw these little red ones in my local Forever 21 I just could not pass them up!

The ruffles at the bottom of the shorts add a little girly detail which is always welcomed into my wardrobe.

The embroidered top is also from Forever 21. I've worn this a few times already since I purchased it back in May. Every time someone asks me where its from, and I reply with Forever 21, they look at me in awe. It's amazing the great finds for even the greater prices you can find at this miraculous store. Even though I've shopped there over a decade now it still never ceases to amaze. The detailed embroidery on this top is equivalent to those you would find at your higher-end department stores for a pretty penny, so the fact this shirt was around $20 makes me want to sing.
The blue and white top paired with the red shorts are a perfect combo for any 4th of July get together. Not only is this outfit festive enough for the 4th, but it's just as comfy as it is cute; and if you plan on being outdoors, the light material will keep you cool in the summer heat.
 
 
 
 
 
No 4th of July celebration is quite complete with out delicious all-American food and most of all sweets! If you are like me and my family most of our holiday plans and celebrations begin with the food. I thought I would share a few of my favorite Pinterest recipe finds on my home blog this week with you all.
Just click the link below and it will take you to my Home Blog and the delicious post.
 

Sweet Summer Treats For the Fourth

 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Independence day this year filled with loved ones, memories, and fireworks. I would love to know what your plans are for this summer time  holiday, so let me know in the comments below. Have a fabulous weekend and as always thanks for stopping by!
XO. Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment